Various ways to record laptops and PCs easily, without software, applications to VLC. Guaranteed practical and hassle-free!
With the development of the times, computers also provide many interesting features. One of them is recording the screen on a laptop or personal computer (PC).
The need to disseminate information quickly in this digital era is urgently needed so that the screen recording feature is an inseparable part.
Baca Juga :
There are many ways you can do this, from using a laptop default application to manually installing a screen recorder. Everything can be done so that recording the laptop screen becomes simpler.
How to Record Screen on Laptop and PC
Recording a laptop screen can be used for presentation needs, tutorials for others or just recording games to share on social media such as YouTube.
Baca Juga :
There are many ways you can use to record the laptop screen. Come on, see the various ways to record the following laptop screens and Windows PCs and Apple computers:
1. Using the Windows Game Bar
The first way to record a laptop screen is to use the game bar in Windows 10.
This method includes how to record a laptop screen without software because this feature is embedded in it and you can easily use it. You can easily find this feature on gaming laptops.
To set this up, you can do the following:
- Press Windows key + G to bring up the Game Bar menu.
- Then, select the Capture menu and select Screen Recording.
- You can also record your voice by pressing the Turn on Mic While Recording option.
- After you have successfully recorded the selected screen activity, the video will be automatically saved as an MP4 file.
- This feature is perfect if you want to make video reactions, especially when playing games.
2. Using macOS Features
If previously using the Mac QuickTime Player application, this time macOS also provides a screen recording feature without software.
You can start by opening the application or window that you want to record. How, namely:
- Press Shift Command + 5 to open the screen capture tool system.
- At the bottom of the toolbar, you can choose to record the entire screen, only a selected window or application, or a selected part of the screen.
- Click the Options button to choose where to save your recording and set a countdown timer to start recording.
- Make sure you check the Options menu to use Mac’s microphone if you want to record sound or external audio.
3. Using OBS Studio
Furthermore, you can use OBS Studio to record the laptop screen. This application can be used on any operating system, either Windows or macOS.
OBS Studio is a free and easy-to-use screen recorder application. Here’s how to record a laptop screen using OBS Studio:
- First, you need to install the OBS Studio application on your laptop by downloading it on the Internet.
- Enter the Auto Configuration tab, and select Optimize just for Recording, I Will was not Streaming which aims to maximize video quality during the recording process.
- Press Next and select the resolution and FPS you need.
- Press the Next button again and select Apply.
- Press the + sign in the OBS Studio application, then select Display Capture.
- Give it a name as you wish and hit OK. So, all activities on the laptop screen will be recorded by this application.
- A few tips so that the recording doesn’t break, you can disable the preview. Then to record it press Start Recording which is at the bottom of the control column on the lower right side.
- When the recording process is complete, you can press the Stop Recording menu. You can see videos in the Videos section in File Explorer.
4. Using Mac QuickTime Player
How to record the next laptop screen using the QuickTime Player application which is only available on Mac. You need to download and install it first to be able to directly use this software:
- You can immediately open the QuickTime Player application, then click File and select the New Screen Recording menu.
- The first time you use this application, you will be asked to open System Preferences to give QuickTime Player permission to record your laptop screen.
- You can go to the Settings menu and check the box to grant permission. After that, you can start a new recording using QuickTime.
5. Using VLC Player
A third-party screen recording application that you can use is VLC. VLC Player is a screen recording application that is quite widely used by some people.
Apart from recording the screen, you can also use VLC Player to play multimedia in various formats such as MPEG, DivX, Ogg. it can also be used to play CDs, DVDs, and VCDs.
Here’s how to record a laptop screen with VLC Player:
- Download and install the VLC Player application first from the official site.
- Open the VLC Player app and select Media.
- Select the Open Capture Device menu and look for the capture mode section, then select Desktop.
- Click the down arrow next to the Play button, and select Convert.
- Set the destination for the recording file, then click Start to start the recording process.
- VLC Player will record your laptop screen, and when the recording process is complete, you can immediately click Stop Recording.
Do you understand how to record a laptop screen? It turns out that recording a laptop screen is not as difficult as imagined and can be done easily and practically.