Laser Meter, Measuring More Precise and Accurate. The development of the world of construction and building has contributed to increasing the technological innovations of the accompanying equipment, one of which is the laser meter. The laser material is very suitable for measuring large and spacious rooms, the accuracy of the laser meter also reaches an error point of 1mm. A laser meter is a practical solution especially if we measure the room alone.
This digital laser meter has a powerful and interactive function. This tool is very useful when there is no reflective board, this tool can measure up to 100m (328ft) with ease because it has a high precision (± 1.5mm high accuracy) also includes technology that is free of interference or constraints.
Digital Laser Meters use the Pythagorean theory when measuring distances or distances indirectly when direct measurements are quite impossible.
Manual measuring equipment or manual meters are indeed cheaper, but they are more suitable for measuring small spaces and small work areas. Even then, it must require 2 people to be precise. Meanwhile, the current laser meter is also equipped with processing software that can store measurement results and also calculate the length or area of the room.
However, like every other tool, there are advantages and disadvantages. While Laser meter is an excellent tool, nothing is perfect.
Laser Meter Advantages:
- The size is just right for people who prefer a compact tool and need a pocket-friendly alternative to bulkier ribbons.
- Can measure quickly and accurately in a short time.
- Able to measure a considerable distance.
Disadvantages of laser measuring tape:
- Laser meter prices are more expensive than ordinary meters.
- The laser meter requires a battery to operate.
- It’s not ideal to measure small distances
Laser Meter Function:
- Measuring not directly using the integrated tilt sensor, one can quickly & easily measure slopes of up to ± 45 ° let alone inclinations above ground. this is especially useful when determining the roof slope.
- Measuring horizontal distances and the rest when objects cannot be targeted directly, fences or walls that stand in the line of sight will be very useful when measuring.
- Measure angle & stake out function.
- measure a person’s distance, location, and area with the right period and an approximate tool to measure distance and also hard-to-reach places.
How to Use the Laser Meter:
- The first step, install the 9-volt battery. After that, press the on button, the electronic meter is ready to use. This tool can measure a distance of about 0.45 cm to 18 meters.
- Determine the target range. This is needed because it is the target that will later be able to capture the laser beam. The laser beam can then reflect radiation onto the electronic meter. From there, the electronic meter will read the width of the field being measured.
- Use an electronic meter indoors. When outdoors, the meter does not work optimally due to sunlight disturbing the reading of the tool.
- Do not use the glass as a target area. because the glass can be penetrated by a laser beam so that the reflected radiation will not bounce off. Use objects that are not penetrated by laser light such as walls, wood, iron, and others.
- If used correctly and correctly, the accuracy of the digital meter is fairly high. From the 1 m distance measured, the imprecise probability is only 0.05 mm — the possibility of this inaccuracy is also very minimal.
- Pay attention to the digital meter battery power. When the power is reduced, the measurement results will not be accurate.
- Pay attention to the straightness of the lines when taking measurements. The digital meter is equipped with a spirit-level feature. If the measurement turns out to be tilted, the spirit level will guide the user so that the measurement is straight.
- After the position is completely straight, do the shooting again.
- Do not move too much when measuring.
- When measuring, try to ensure that the reader sensor is not obstructed by any objects.
Laser Meter Buying Guide
There are several factors to consider when purchasing a laser meter, namely price, features, and quality. There are many brands on the market including Bosch, Stanley, Dewalt, Makita, and various other brands.
Make sure to buy a lases meter according to the available budget, maybe if your funds are minimal you can consider what features you have to sacrifice. Or we can avoid brands that are expensive but have the same functionality and accuracy.
The quality of the laser meter is usually proven by warranty and spare parts availability in case of damage. Ask the buyer in detail, including where to do service when a breakdown occurs.
Laser Meter Price
The price of the laser meter has a fairly varied price range on the market, starting in the hundreds to above USD. 1.000. The marketplace gives us an easy way to compare prices, features, and quality. Stay rational in buying equipment, adjust it to the standard of functions required.