- 1 The best wiper blades on the market: our selection
- 2 Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about windshield wiper blades
- 2.1 How are the wiper blades composed?
- 2.2 What are the benefits of having the wiper blades in good condition?
- 2.3 What is the lifespan of a wiper blade?
- 2.4 How do i know if i need to change the wiper blades?
- 2.5 What maintenance do the wiper blades need?
- 2.6 How do i change the wiper blades?
- 2.7 How do i clean the wiper blades?
- 3 Purchase criteria
Driving with a dirty windshield is an unnecessary risk that is easy to avoid. To do this, you need to make sure that the windshield washer fluid reservoir is not empty and that the wiper blades are of quality and in good condition. Also, good brushes are essential for better visibility when you have to drive on a rainy day.
Unfortunately, some people seem to think that wiper blades have an infinite life and don’t bother to check if they are still in good condition. However, the truth is that they suffer significant wear and tear not only from their harsh working conditions, but also from the effects of cold and sunlight.
- Quality and in good condition wiper blades help you to enjoy better visibility while driving on rainy days and thus reduce the risk of accidents.
- Replacing your wiper blades is really easy and since they are so cheaply priced, there seems to be no reason not to change them when the time comes.
- The most important purchase criterion for choosing a pair of wiper blades is the vehicle on which you will mount them. In addition, it is also convenient that you take into account their size and the material they are made of.
The best wiper blades on the market: our selection
You can find many wiper blades on the online market and in physical stores. What often happens when choosing substitutes for old brushes is not being sure of making the right choice. To avoid this, we have prepared for you a complete selection with some of the best wiper blades that you can currently find on the market, so that you can get a first idea of the various types that exist.
Baca Juga :
- The best flat wiper blade set
- The most versatile wiper blade
- The wiper blades with the best value for money
- The cheapest rear wiper blade
- The wiper blades preferred by online users
The best flat wiper blade set
Set of two Bosch Aerotwin front wiper blades, flat and in size 600 mm and 400 mm. They are characterized by an aerodynamic design and without deflectors in which the pressure of the brushes is continuous along their entire length. In addition, their operation is very quiet.
They are suitable for left-hand drive vehicles. They are equipped with multiple adapters for easy compatibility with different types of cars.
The most versatile wiper blade
Lampa wiper blade compatible with many vehicles, as it is equipped with a set of universal hooks. It is also available in different sizes ranging from 33 cm to 65 cm. Therefore, it can be adapted to a wide variety of car models.
It is made of rubber with graphite laminate to ensure maximum durability. Its value for money is very advantageous.
The wiper blades with the best value for money
Set of two Bosch front wiper blades, Twin model, which stands out for its excellent value for money. One of the brushes is 650mm long and the other 340mm.
They are compatible with a wide variety of car models and are very easy to assemble. In addition, their operation is completely silent.
The cheapest rear wiper blade
Valeo wiper blade for rear glass compatible with a wide variety of vehicles and with a very affordable price. It has a length of 510 mm and a width of 16.5 mm.
Its installation is very simple. It is a model specifically designed to ensure the quietest operation possible.
The wiper blades preferred by online users
Flat wiper blades from Dutch manufacturer Bosch designed for quiet operation. They are made of a double rubber compound with a special coating for constant cleaning.
The assembly process is really simple, it only takes a few minutes. They offer great durability and excellent value for money. Unsurprisingly, they are popular as they are compatible with a wide variety of vehicles.
Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about windshield wiper blades
In this section we will explain how the wiper blades work, the elements that make them up, when they need to be changed and much more. In this way, you will be able to resolve any doubts that may arise during the purchase process and address them in a conscious way.
How are the wiper blades composed?
What are the benefits of having the wiper blades in good condition?
Changing the wiper blades when they are no longer in good condition offers a number of important benefits which we summarize below:
- The windshield wiper blades in good condition favor driving on rainy days.
- They allow you to enjoy a more relaxed driving, as they will make less noise when cleaning the windshield.
- The windshield will be cleaner.
- In general, driving will be much safer, as you will have better visibility.
What is the lifespan of a wiper blade?
How do i know if i need to change the wiper blades?
Obviously, the main reason for changing wiper blades is that they don’t clean the windshield well. However, before this happens, you can observe some signs that may alert you that it is time to replace them. The most common are the following:
- In their past they leave streaks.
- They make a lot of noise when sweeping.
- You notice a rough or overly sharp area when you run your finger across the eraser.
- The rubber does not flow smoothly on the windshield.
- They leave streaks of water on the windshield.
What maintenance do the wiper blades need?
One way to extend the life of your wiper blades is to properly maintain and care for them. It must be considered that vehicles that rest in garages keep them better and longer. Some tips that can help you delay the time to change them are:
- Clean the windshield manually when washing the car instead of using brushes.
- Do not use chemicals or products that can be corrosive, as they could damage the rubber.
- Clean the rubber tab of the brush regularly.
- Use windshield washer fluid.
- Do not use the wiper blades if there is ice or a lot of dust on the windshield.
How do i change the wiper blades?
The process for changing the brushes is really simple, so in principle you shouldn’t have any problems doing it yourself. Next, we will explain it to you step by step. Although, of course, it can vary slightly depending on the car model you have.
- First of all, you need to measure the size of the brushes you are going to replace to buy those of the same size. Keep in mind that in many vehicles the two front brushes are of different sizes.
- Before starting to change the brushes, it is recommended to put a blanket or similar object on the windshield to protect it from possible blows.
- Then, proceed to raise the wiper arm and stop it in a vertical position to the glass.
- Then, hold the arm with one hand and remove the brush with the other. Not all systems disengage it the same way, but in general it is easy if you pay a little attention to the operation.
- Place the new brush following the same procedure you used to remove the old one, but in reverse. Make sure the brush is fully and securely attached.
- Finally, place the wiper blades in their original position and verify that everything is working properly.
How do i clean the wiper blades?
Making a mistake in a purchase can be quite frustrating or at least a significant waste of time. The best way to avoid this is to know good purchasing criteria. If it can help you, we present the ones that we at REVIEWBOX have used to select the items that have been included in our selection:
- Vehicle on which you will mount them
- Type of wiper blades
Vehicle on which you will mount them
Before considering any other purchase criteria, it is important to make sure that the brushes you are going to choose are compatible with the vehicle on which they will be mounted. Different car models can use different adapters. Fortunately, many wiper blade manufacturers often list compatible car models on the packaging.
You can also use the search engines that wiper blade manufacturers usually include or the different websites that sell these products. You must also take into account whether it is a vehicle with a left or right direction. And if you need it for the front or rear windshield.
Type of wiper blades
There are mainly three types of wiper blades: flat, conventional and hybrid. Next, we explain their main features.
- Flat: normally they are entirely made of rubber, so they have no metal parts. They stand out for their great sweeping efficiency and because their friction with the windshield is very low. They have an aerodynamic design and exert even pressure on the windshield. They guarantee good durability and are suitable for various weather conditions.
- Conventional: They have arched metal elements in their design with a double layer of anticorrosive paint. In addition, the metal frame is quite sturdy. They are generally durable, so they offer great durability. They perform a gentle and fairly quick cleaning.
- Hybrids: they are a combination of the previous two. They have aerodynamic properties and offer great performance. They have an integrated spoiler that runs the entire length.
It is important to choose the correct size wiper blades for your car wiper. Obviously, don’t forget that in general the dimensions of the two front brushes can be different. If you opt to replace just one brush, you need to take into account its length and width to make sure it matches that of your vehicle.
On the other hand, if you choose brushes that are too long, they can hit each other. If, on the other hand, they are too short, part of the windshield can be left dirty with the inconvenience this entails. Hence, all wiper blade manufacturers clearly indicate the length of each model.
Currently, most wiper blades are made of silicone or rubber. The rubber ones have the advantage of being considerably cheaper. On the other hand, they tend to be noisier and are more sensitive to the effects of different weather elements, especially to very intense cold and heat.
The silicone ones, on the other hand, have a much quieter operation, as they slide more smoothly on the windshield and with less effort. Furthermore, their lifespan is generally much longer. However, their price is also considerably higher.