Mobile Wi-Fi or often known as MiFi is a wireless router device that functions as a WiFi Hotspot. But what happens if the mifi has no signal?
I’ve had a problem with the smartfren mifi, there is no signal.
Smartfren modems that don’t have a network are usually on the cross signal application display and the mifi device indicator is red all the time. As a result, Mifi Andromax is connected but there is no internet even though there is a quota and it connects to an Android phone.
Therefore, at this meeting I will give several ways to overcome the Mifi Smartfren there is no signal so that it returns to normal.
And you can apply this method to all types of smartfren modems such as M3Y, M2Y, M2S, or other Andromax 4G Modems.
Why Smartfren Modem No Signal?
Many users think that when the Mifi has no signal, it is often caused by the smartphone card not being detected. But not completely true !
Device damage or just a system error can also cause the 4G signal to be lost on the Andromax Mifi.
But often, the cause of the lost smartfren mifi signal is caused by:
- Not RegisteredSmartfren starter cards that have not been registered will not exit the network.
- Number Lockedthe mifi signal will not appear after changing the card if it is locked with the old smartphone number.
- WPS Security Protected Internet Networkmifi will not be able to connect to the internet if the android phone is not connected to WPS Security.
- Blocked Buildingthe many tall buildings around you will make it difficult for Mifi Andromax to get a signal.
- Cellular Operator Crashesthe existence of maintenance from the smartfren is one way to strengthen the signal around your location.
And here’s how to fix the red Andromax mifi light continuously due to the lost signal version: TechnoEcho :
How to Overcome MiFi Smartfren No Signal (Cross And Red Continues)
1. Contact Smartfrencare
@smarfrencare is the official twitter account of PT Smartfren Telecom Tbk. You can complain that there is no signal on the mifi that you are using via a twitter tweet.
And it turns out that the response from the smartfren via twitter is very fast..
.. seen from the way they respond to users’ tweets.
You can try it with the following steps:
- First write your problem on the twitter homepage and don’t forget to include it @smartfrencare.
- Then wait for a reply from smartphone.
- After receiving a reply, you will be asked for data information about the number with the problem, the coordinates of the location and the complete address.
- Then send the information via DM
If indeed the cause is signal interference, this method is suitable for you to use.
But if there is no network interference, you will be advised to reset the mifi device first. Like some of the steps below.
2. Connect With Another Android Phone
Connecting to other devices aims to check the function of the mifi smartphone. Is the source of the cause from other devices or the smartphone modem itself.
If the result:
1. MiFi Signals Can Appear On Other Devices, the solution is to try restarting your previous cellphone > then reconnect.
2. Andromax MiFi signal is lost on other devices, then the source of the problem is on the smartfren modem that you are using. To overcome the red signal light on the mifi, there are a few things you need to make sure again.
Well .. for that see in step 3 below.
3. Change Internet Settings
It is possible that the MiFi Andromax signal that you have appears with a red cross that occurs after changing to another smartfren card.
That means your smartfren mifi is locked with the old number. In order for the smartfren mifi to replace another smartfren card, you need to make new internet settings.
By changing a new internet profile, the andromax m3y cross signal will return to normal. Here’s how:
- First, open the smartfren application, it can be via an android phone / laptop.
- Then go to the Tools menu > Options (I use a laptop)
- After that, create a new management profile > save when you’ve finished creating it.
- The next step is to return to the home page of the smartphone application.
- Select the internet profile you just created and then click connect.
And now automatically you can connect to the internet with a new smartfren card.
read also : How to Activate MiFi M3Y
4. Connect WiFi Network Using WPS
Many are misguided when discussing WPS on this MiFi Smartfren. Many users think how to reset wps mifi by simply turning off the button and then turning it back on.
After I tried several times, it turned out that the method was wrong!
If you think your red cross Mifi signal is caused by WPS protection, try the following methods:
- Go to wifi settings on android phone.
- After that, turn on wifi and select the “advanced” option.
- Then on the WPS Connection menu > select Connect via WPS.
- Then a notification will appear that the android device is scanning the wifi network > after that click the WPS button to connect it.
- Click the “OK” button if the device is already connected to the smartfren mifi.
Why did this work? Because to open WPS protection, synchronization is needed from the android device and the smartfren mifi itself.
5. Restart MiFi Device
The loss of signal on Andromax M3Y / M2Y is not only due to wrong settings. System errors or undetected smartfren cards can also be the cause.
Try to refresh the mifi device by turning it off for a while. To be more optimal, you can restart the Andromax Mifi in the following way:
- Turn off the smartphone modem that you have
- Then remove the battery and the installed smartfren card
- After that let stand about 3-5 minutes.
- Then reinstall the battery and sim card
- And turn your mifi back on
Actually this method is the one I use the most when the mifi doesn’t have a 4G signal.
6. Press the Reset Button
Even though many people say “pressing the reset button” is the ultimate way to deal with Mifi Smartfren no signal, actually I don’t like it myself..
.. why ? like an android phone, do hard reset mifi smartfren will delete all existing data.
But if you think there is no other way and want to try it, the method is as below:
- First make sure your MiFi Andromax is ON / alive
- Then open the back case
- After that there will be a small button > then press the reset button for 5 seconds.
Usually you will be asked to enter a mifi password like when you bought a new one after the hard reset process is complete. If you don’t know the mifi password of the device, you can look behind the battery.
7. Overcome MiFi M3Y Red Signal With Component Jumper
Maybe this incident is arguably rare, but I myself have experienced cases where the mifi has no signal after falling.
After the smartfren modem that I had fell, the M3Y signal was often lost and if it was checked on the network display application, it was less than 1 bar, the signal indicator light also continued to red.
Finally I took it to my friend, he said there was a resistor or capacitor that broke due to the fall.
As a result, he jumps the component using a razor blade, maybe the video illustration looks like this:
Whether it has an effect or not, my friend’s way actually made my Andromax M3Y signal even stronger, 4G access is faster than before.
The final word ..
Now it’s your turn, which move will you try? Or do you prefer to replace a new 4G smartfren modem again?
All choices I return to you.
But if you manage to overcome the red andromax m3y signal with the steps above, let me and other friends know through the comments column, guys..
That is all and thank you.
Mangihin.com is a website that provides useful information, please share if there is interesting information that can help you. Thank you