Welcome to our article dedicated to the built-in microwave. Can you imagine a kitchen without a microwave? Today, our hectic pace of life makes this appliance essential every day. From heating milk in the morning to preparing dinner in minutes. Obviously, as long as we don’t want to give up aesthetics, the most popular solution is that of the built-in microwave.
This type of microwave fits perfectly into our kitchen and becomes part of the decor. In this way, in addition to saving space (which in some cases is more than necessary), we maintain harmony in the decor of this room. Very practical, right? Well, read on and find out more about this device.
- Thanks to the built-in microwaves, the position of this appliance will no longer be a problem. They integrate perfectly with the rest of the kitchen furniture and do not take up useful counter space.
- In addition, they maintain the aesthetics of the kitchen and are very practical. And no, installing them doesn’t cost as much as you’re surely thinking. In fact, in most cases, you can do it yourself.
- In order not to make a mistake in choosing the built-in microwave that best suits your kitchen, it is essential to take into account purchasing criteria such as location, size, functions or quality. We will discuss these and other purchase criteria in detail at the end of the article.
Choosing the right built-in microwave is not child’s play. In fact, it is an appliance designed to last for many years, even if we will use it on a daily basis. For this, we have created a selection of the best built-in microwaves currently on the market so that you can get an idea. Try to check it out!
Baca Juga :
- The best built-in microwave for value for money
- The least expensive built-in microwave
- The built-in microwave with the best design
- The best high-end built-in microwave
The best built-in microwave for value for money
The Candy MIC 25 GDFX is a 900 W microwave with 1000 W grill, and among the most affordable options is the one that demonstrates the best build quality, with a stainless steel finish that also gives the product a certain elegance.
It has a digital display with 8 pre-set cooking, while the internal volume is 25 L. It is a microwave oven that satisfies the users, with an excellent quality-price ratio and with easy-to-use controls.
Baca Juga :
The least expensive built-in microwave
The Bomann MWG 2215 EB is users’ preferred proposition for the cheaper options, and reaches a maximum power of 800W for microwave cooking and 1000W for the grill function. The turntable is 24.5 cm and the internal volume of 20 L. Includes child protection and defrost function.
It has all the essential features an appliance of this type needs, and for buyers who want to save this is just fine. Also like the design.
The built-in microwave with the best design
The Samsung MG22M80 is undoubtedly a microwave that stands out for its elegant and refined design, marked by a few simple lines and a touch control panel. It has 6 power levels, with the microwave reaching 850 W while the grill up to 1100 W. It offers numerous functions such as rapid and uniform defrosting, keeping cooked food warm, and recirculation of the air inside the compartment. of cooking.
The latter has a volume of 22 L and an enamelled ceramic coating, scratch-resistant and easy to clean. Users have nothing to complain about, and find it a functional and aesthetically fantastic product.
The best high-end built-in microwave
The Whirlpool MWP 3391 SB is a high-end, powerful and feature-rich microwave oven. It has 5 different cooking modes: microwave (up to 1000 W), grill (up to 1200 W), ventilated (up to 1700 W), steam and crisp fry, for light and crisp frying, even without oil. It includes several automatic programs and special functions, such as defrosting, timer, rapid heating and child protection.
It has a capacity of 33 L and must be built into a 60 cm wide piece of furniture. For buyers it is a commendable quality product, which stands out for its versatility and quality of materials. The design and ease of use are also excellent.
Shopping guide: Everything you should know about the built-in microwave
You are already imagining it in your kitchen, right? But we’re not done yet. In fact, we at REVIEWBOX.it still have to give you the information you will need to make the best choice for your needs. For this reason, in the section below we give an answer to the most frequently asked questions that may arise when buying a built-in microwave. Read on if you think it might be useful to you!
Why buy a built-in microwave?
This could be the first question to ask because if we are satisfied with our traditional microwave oven, what should push us to have a built-in one? Very simple: the built-in – or integrated – microwave is very practical because:
- Since it is built into a wall cabinet, it does not take up space on the countertop nor will you need an additional piece of furniture to place it on top.
- You can place it in a place that is very comfortable for you, especially in terms of height.
- This type of microwave ovens can have the same functions and characteristics as a traditional oven, so they can at least partially replace the one you usually use.
- There are many with different designs so you can choose the one that best suits the furniture you have in the kitchen to maintain its overall aesthetic.
What types of built-in microwaves can I find?
As you already understood, the difference between a built-in microwave and a traditional one is purely aesthetic. We can therefore differentiate it exactly like any microwave, that is:
- Traditional or basic microwave: it is the cheapest of all, but it does not have certain functions that for many people are essential, such as the grill or defrosting. It is mostly useful for reheating food and is the cheapest model.
- Microwave with grill: the fact that a microwave has this function makes the difference. They are the most used models and allow both to heat and brown or brown foods.
- Combi Microwave: Also known as “combi” or “combined”, it is the most sophisticated and complete of all. It’s like a mix of traditional oven and microwave in the same appliance, which makes it more than practical. In addition to reheating, it can defrost and cook like a traditional electric oven .
Which built-in microwave is right for me?
|What features do I need?||Which type of built-in microwave is right for me?|
|Just heat and defrost||Basic microwave (make sure the model chosen allows defrosting, not all do)|
|Cook food||Microwave with grill or combined|
|Gratin or brown||Microwave with grill|
What kind of installation does a built-in microwave require?
When it comes to built-in microwaves, the issue of installation is always a concern. We generally tend to think that it is more complicated than it actually is. While it is true that some models will need the hands of a specialist, most you can install them yourself by following these simple steps:
- Check that the dimensions you have chosen match those of the space available to build in the microwave.
- The first thing is to place the support brackets on the cabinet (the assembly instructions for each model will indicate the distances to be respected).
- Make sure they are fully secured with screws.
- Plug in the microwave before placing it.
- Place the microwave and adjust the legs to the highest position (usually they are adjusted with a simple twist).
- Depending on the model you choose, attach the tabs for inserting the frame to the sides of the microwave or stop them completely on the walls of the cabinet.
- Now that they are in place, position the frame correctly so that it covers all the extra space around the microwave.
In the event that the built-in microwave has or does not have an integrated frame, it is necessary to position the connections before placing the microwave in its compartment. As you can see, it is very simple. But, if you prefer, you can always ask the manufacturer for a specialist to come and install it.
Is it safe to use a built-in microwave oven?
Built-in or not, safety has always been one of the factors that most perplexes those who have to use a microwave oven. The main rumor about this household appliance is that “microwave radiation is very dangerous because it comes out”. But nothing is further from reality, as its security systems prevent this from happening ( 1 ) .Besides this, there are other myths to dispel. Like the one that says that microwave radiation changes the composition of food and can be toxic. Completely fake. There is no study showing that cooking in the microwave is dangerous.